A recap of who made the CSP best new products list.
The industry's most significant new product awards are here!
CSP magazine is proud to announce the leaders in product innovation for the 13th consecutive year with its Retailer Choice Best New Products Contest winners (list below).
Nominations of hundreds of eligible new products introduced into the convenience-retailing format between Aug. 1, 2015, and July 31, 2016, were tried, tested and tinkered with to determine the top three finalists in 26 key categories. A panel of CSP magazine's editorial team -the new product committee - chose the finalist. Approximately 1,500 c-store retailers selected the winning products with much satisfaction and amazement.
"New products drive traffic, generate buzz and fuel innovation for the entire c-store industry, and this year's winners reflect that drive to create the 'next big thing,' " said Abbie Westra, retail content director for Winsight, including CSP and Convenience Store Products. "They are a barometer of both consumer trends and supplier innovation."
All of the nominated products showed innovation, uniqueness and groundbreaking advancement in each category and Winsight thanks all the retailers who voted and every supplier nominee. We look forward to seeing what's in store for 2017.
Special awards will be presented to contest winners during the 2016 NACS Show held Oct. 18-21 at the Georgia World Congress Center to certify that these company's products "have arrived" to the marketplace. They will also be mentioned in the daily online newsletter at www.cspdailynews.com and featured in the December 2016 issue of CSP magazine. Congratulations on this prestigious achievement!
- Anheuser-Busch Budweiser: (America Packaging) | Best New Packaging
- The Hershey Company: Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter | Cup King Size Candy (Chocolate)
- Mondelez International: Sour Patch Kids Strawberry Re-Sealable Stand Up Pouch | Candy (Non-Chocolate)
- MasonWays Indestructible Plastics: Mixed Recyclables Center | Design/Construction/Display
- Franke: A600 | Dispensed Beverage Equipment
- Kerry Convenience/Insight Beverages: OREO Hot Chocolate | Dispensed Beverages
- General Mills, Inc.: Cheerios Protein | Edible Grocery
- Red Bull North America: Red Bull Summer Edition | Energy Drinks
- Life Support: Life Support Recovery | Shot Energy Shots/Supplements
- Tomlinson Industries: 513H Humidified Merchandiser | Equipment – Foodservice
- f'real foods f'real Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Milkshake Foodservice Products (Dessert)
- Johnsonville Sausage Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Foodservice Products (General)
- Hot Stuff Pizza Pepperoni Pizza Roll Foodservice Products (Snacks and Sides)
- The ICEE Company Sip-N-See Straws General Merchandise
- Convenience Valet Waterless Disposable Razor Health & Beauty
- Tyson Convenience Ball Park Flame Grilled Jerky Meat Snacks
- MillerCoors Henry's Hard Soda Packaged Beverages (Alcohol)
- The Coca-Cola Company Smartwater Sparkling Packaged Beverages (Non-Alcohol)
- Clif Bar & Company CLIF Nut Butter Energy Bar Snacks (Bars)
- Tyson Convenience Hillshire Snacking Small Plates Snacks (Salty)
- Hostess Brands Hostess Suzy Q's Snacks (Sweet)
- Minor Decliner, LLC Minor Decliner Age Verification System Technology – Hareware
- Hot Stuff Pizza iGnG – Intelligent Grab N Go Technology – Software
- BIC Consumer Products Bohemian Series Tobacco (Accessories)
- Cheyenne International, LLC Cheyenne Limited Edition Tropical Cigars Tobacco (Cigars)
- blu Cigs: blu Carolina Bold Tanks | Tobacco (Vaping Products)